There is a reason Mobvoi just added 2020 to the name.
Mobvoi’s TicWatch Pro released in mid-2018 was one of the best Wear OS watches of the year. It checked the block for features, price and was followed up by a 4G model in late 2019. This year’s upgrade was announced as the TicWatch Pro 2020. They upped the memory and made the watch a bit more durable, but left most of the internals unchanged.
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon Wear 2100
- Display: 1.39 inch AMOLED with 400×400 pixels with Gorilla Glass 3
- OS: Wear OS
- RAM: 1GB
- Storage: 4GB internal storage
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 4.2 LE, 801.11 b/g/n WiFi, GPS/Galileo/GLONASS/Beidou, NFC
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Heart Rate Sensor, Gyro Sensor, Geomagnetic Sensor, Ambient Light Sensor
- Dust/water resistance: IP68 rating
- Battery: 415 mAh
- Weight: 222 grams
- Colors: Cosmic Gray and Cosmic Black
- Bands: 22mm leather and silicone
- Price: $260
TicWatch Pro 2020 ups the memory to 1GB RAM and the battery to 415mAh. The watch is rated 2 to 30 days of continuous use with the help of its dual display. They also added an IP68 rating with swimming for the athletes and adventures out there.
Wear OS on the TicWatch Pro 20 is powered by Qualcomm’s Snapdragon Wear 2100 Platform and 4GB storage. This might be an upgrade from the original TicWatch Pro but is identical to the 4G version. The 1.39-inch AMOLED display at 400 x 400 resolution is also here with the secondary FSTN LCD display that helps the watch make that 30-day battery life possible.
For connectivity, we have the normal GPS, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi and NFC for payments using Google Pay.
TicWatch Pro 2020, can be purchased now in the UK for £222.99 with US availability coming the beginning of March for $$259.99.
You would think a smartwatch company backed by Google would produce a smartwatch in line with their competition but I believe Mobvoi missed the mark on this one.